24 September 2020
Three principals and two directors representing the Fremont Unified School District (FUSD) are on the California School Administrators Association (ACSA) 2020 “ Administrators of the Year ” list for Region 6.
ACSA Region 6 represents school administrators in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. ACSA serves educational leaders in the pursuit of equity and excellence to meet the diverse needs of all California students. Region 6 has local charters that meet regularly to support administrators in our region.
The FUSD winners are:
- Elementary Headmaster – Judy Nye, darkest elementary
- Middle Class Principal – Corey Brown, Hopkins Junior High School
- Secondary School – Edward Velez, Kennedy High School
- Student Services Administrator – Greg Bailey, Director of Student Support Services
- Curriculum and Education Administrator – Christie Rocha, Director of Federal and State Programs
“We congratulate these five outstanding individuals for their work in supporting our students,” said FUSD Superintendent CJ Cammack. “After my recent arrival at FUSD, I was immediately impressed by their commitment to education and the leadership they show with their staff. We are fortunate to have them all as part of FUSD management. Thanks also to ACSA for the support of the administrators across the state and supporting students and staff of public schools across California. “
All Region 6 Directors of the Year will be honored at a virtual awards ceremony on October 22nd. Visit http://regions.acsa.org/6/ for more information.