An Australian who died in Bali was reportedly poisoned.
Former Kalgoorlie miner Kevin James Nunn, 68, died on Wednesday in his home in Denpasar.
Nunn is the second Australian to die in Bali this week and the third in a month.
Denpasar police chief Jansen Avitus Panjaitan said that Mr. Nunn began to complain of chest pain after drinking a can of soft drink.
Bali police fear 68-year-old Kevin James Nunn (photo) was poisoned after drinking from a can, then died in his sleep at his home in Denpasar on Wednesday
“At around 8 am, the victim drank a can of Schweppes and started walking around the house.
“At 9:00 am, the victim told his wife Arianti that he (she) was feeling sick to his chest, and at about 10:00 am, the victim entered his bedroom to go to bed,” said Mr. Panjaitan. Mail Mail reports.
Ms. Nunn, 29, visited a doctor at a nearby pharmacy and brought home malaria medication which she gave to her husband.
She then gave him Bear Brand Milk, a form of local sweetened condensed milk in a box, which made Mr. Nunn vomit.
It is understood that Mr. Nunn drank whiskey and Coca-Cola the previous night.
We can often see Australian expatriates in Bali wiping the top of cans and bottles to avoid leptospirosis transmitted by rat urine which can be fatal.
Police said that Mr. Nunn then fell asleep around 11:30 am but could not be resuscitated.
“The wife then contacted an ambulance and, when the COVID task force arrived, they discovered that the man had died. There are indications that the victim was poisoned, ” said Panjaitan.
Nunn’s body was taken to the nearby Sanglah hospital for examination.
A COVID-19 test was performed quickly but returned negative.
“We are still awaiting the results of the forensic examination and we are still trying to get family (in Australia) approval to do the autopsy,” said Panjaitan.
The former wife of the Kalgoorlie miner (pictured together) said he started complaining of chest pain around 9 a.m. after drinking a Schweppes soft drink an hour earlier.
Nunn said the couple returned to Bali, where Nunn had lived for five years, on March 14 after a recent vacation to Australia.
Tributes began to sweep through social media on Thursday for Mr. Nunn, who was known by his friends as “Nunny”.
“Devastating to hear that you left us man. My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to your family, especially your beautiful little girl. Until we meet again, Rest Easy big homie, ”wrote a friend.
His wife said she was heartbroken about losing her best partner and asked for more prayers.
“ With a very heavy heart today, my best partner, my husband, my love, died at home at 2 p.m. after being unable to breathe properly (heart attack) .Save time to pray over his soul ‘ ‘wrote his wife.
“I love you so much my best partner.
“So sad and sorry to hear Kevin passed away. Very good guy and king, ” replied a friend.
Brisbane man Christopher Steven Tolley (right), 47, was found dead Tuesday in a hotel room in Seminyak after failing at 12:30 p.m. He is pictured with his wife and sons
Another wrote, “He was a great guy, I’ve known Nunny for years. Rest in peace, Nunny.
This comes a day after the Brisbane man’s death, Christopher Steven Tolley, 47, was discovered unresponsive in bed by house staff at the Fave Hotel in Seminyak after failing to check his room.
The cause and time of Mr. Tolley’s death remains to be determined, with an autopsy expected in the coming days.
Last month, the founder and surfer of the Perth travel app, Rhodri Lloyd Thomas, 31, was found dead in the pool of his villa Canggu, which he shared with his girlfriend.
Local police believe that Mr. Thomas may have passed out underwater after running in warm temperatures.
Rhodri Lloyd Thomas, 31 (photo) from WA was found dead in a Canggu villa in Bali on April 9