Local authorities closed a bar in Kuta in the regency of Badung, Bali, for hosting a party that did not comply with the Covid-19 health protocol.
The staff of the Badung Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) and the customary village authorities first dispersed the festival, which was mainly attended by foreigners, on Thursday evening following reports that local residents wore no masks and no physical distance measures were required. .
“We are arrested [the party] at 8 p.m. It can’t be like that. We have to work on the basis of regulations. There was no use of a mask or physical distancing, “said head of customary village Wayan Wasista on Friday, as reported by kompas.com.
The head of Badung Satpol PP, Gusti Agung Kerta Suryanegara, said that his office had summoned representatives of the bar’s management for information. The bar, he said, had been asked to close from Friday.
“If they insist on staying open, we will report them to the Kuta police,” he said.
Following plans to gradually reopen the economy in Indonesia, many resorts and entertainment venues in Bali have imposed social distancing and other health protocols to prevent the transmission of Covid-19.
However, some companies still have to comply with the necessary measures. A similar incident occurred Wednesday evening at a restaurant in Canggu, Badung.
Authorities dispersed the crowd there after learning that most of the customers were not wearing masks.
A recent yoga rally in Ubud also caught the public’s attention after finding that large crowds had not adhered to the Covid-19 health protocol.
Bali has recorded 1,263 confirmed cases of Covid-19 with 11 deaths and 730 recoveries, according to data from the national Covid-19 task force released on Friday.
Two of Bali’s nine cities and regencies – Denpasar and Karangasem – are considered high risk areas by the central government, while six areas, including Badung, are medium risk areas.
For the latest updates on coronavirus, visit here.