6.9 C
Alba Iulia
Thursday, July 9, 2020

Elliott Abrams assured that members of the Maduro regime have made serious consultations about the US plan for a democratic transition in Venezuela

Must Read

Disney Research’s neural face swapping technique can provide high-resolution photorealistic video – TechCrunch

New document published by Disney Research in partnership with ETH Zurich describes a fully automated neural network-based method for...

Russia denies radiation incident despite striking measurements in Northern Europe

The registered particles, according to the international organization, are the result of a nuclear fission caused by humans. The...

The sale of AAP is finalized, which avoids the closure of an 85-year-old “ vital ” press wire

The future of the Australian Associated Press (AAP) newswire has been secured with the inking of a sale to...

The United States Special Envoy for Venezuela, Elliott Abrams, assured that “many people” inside and outside the “regime” of Nicolás Maduro is thinking about the plan proposed by the White House to initiate a “democratic transition” in the Caribbean nation.

Abrams has referred in an interview granted to the Venezuelan news portal Cocuyo effect to the advances that have occurred since the United States launched its roadmap for Venezuela.

The Framework for a Democratic Transition in Venezuela implies that both Maduro and the president in charge, Juan Guaidó, move aside to make way for a transitional government that guides the country towards “free” presidential and parliamentary elections within six to twelve months .

“It was evident that the regime was going to deny everything in one day, but it is not the important thing, the important thing is private discussions, within the Army, in the country, and our impression is that many people are thinking about the plan“, has said.

The US emissary has refused to give names but clarified that it is “many people inside and outside the regime who has started asking Washington questions, such as the composition of the State Council – transitional government – and when to go to the polls. “Serious questions, which indicate that they have read and thought,” he remarked.

Asked about the possibility of reactivating negotiations between the government and the opposition, Abrams considered that “if the regime is willing to negotiate seriously” they could be resumed. “I think it is worth doing because there are many things to prepare for a transitional government,” he said.

However, he has been emphatic in stating that Maduro’s departure is a ‘sine qua non’ condition, stressing that the only thing they are willing to talk to the Venezuelan president is his departure from Miraflores. He has even suggested exiling to Cuba, Russia or Turkey, countries without an extradition treaty with the United States.

In addition, he recalled that “military options exist“Although at the same time he has trusted that the increasing pressure on Maduro, due to the worsening of the economic situation due to the fall in the price of oil and the fact that Russia and China did not send” not a penny “to Venezuela last year , as well as the coronavirus, makes the negotiation on the proposed plan be “more possible now than ever

The possibility of reviving the negotiating table that was thwarted last year after several months of talks between the government and the opposition in Oslo and Barbados has resurfaced following a report by the news agency Reuters according to which already there is a secret dialogue between the parties Convinced that only with a national agreement will it mitigate the impact of the coronavirus in Venezuela.

In the last hours, the attorney general, Tarek William Saab has come to reinforce this theory by saying in a contact with VTV than “direct communication between opposition factors and the Venezuelan state has never ceased to exist (…), even now, in the midst of the pandemic

“In addition to Luis Parra, other sectors of the opposition have also been in talks. I cannot declare or forward data on what is happening, but the link, the conversation, remains, ”he said, referring to the president of the National Assembly elected by Chavismo and the dissident opposition.

The Government maintains a dialogue with the minority opposition that Parra represents since last September. Since then, Maduro has tried to persuade Guaidó’s majority opposition to sit at the negotiating table, but has refused.

Guaidó has ensured that the information of Reuters it is false”. “The democratic alternative is united in cause and there is only one possible agreement to save Venezuela: to form a National Emergency Government, without drug traffickers in Miraflores, that can access the international aid we need“, said.

However, more and more voices are advocating a new dialogue. This was stated by the former leader of the Venezuelan opposition Henrique Capriles on his blog and this has been transmitted to Efecto Cocuyo by former chavistas who are not mature.

“Dialogue cannot perish, none can refuse. The coronavirus came to us (…) and this deserves that both political groups understand that now more than ever they must agree because there is a risk of an unstoppable social outbreak, ”said one of these dissident chavistas to the Venezuelan portal.

(With information from Europa Press)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest News

Disney Research’s neural face swapping technique can provide high-resolution photorealistic video – TechCrunch

New document published by Disney Research in partnership with ETH Zurich describes a fully automated neural network-based method for...

Russia denies radiation incident despite striking measurements in Northern Europe

The registered particles, according to the international organization, are the result of a nuclear fission caused by humans. The Swedish and Finnish nuclear authorities...

The sale of AAP is finalized, which avoids the closure of an 85-year-old “ vital ” press wire

The future of the Australian Associated Press (AAP) newswire has been secured with the inking of a sale to new owners who say they...

25 confirmed cases of COVID-19 now linked to a nail salon in Kingston, Ontario.

Kingston, Ontario area health unit confirms three more COVID-19 cases related to a nail salon in the city of eastern Ontario, warning that all...

More Articles Like This