Extreme Networks, Inc., a cloud-based networking company, has announced that it will provide five valuable applications at no additional cost to ExtremeCloud IQ Pilot’s cloud management subscribers. Other vendors typically offer them as standalone applications at a substantial additional cost, increasing operational complexity and cost to customers. Instead, Extreme regards these applications as “essential services” and has added them to its ExtremeCloud IQ platform, thereby improving operational efficiency and reducing costs.
In the next 90 days, customers and partners with a Pilot subscription can access these essential services within the ExtremeCloud IQ platform, providing IT departments with all the tools they need for complete network visibility, management, control and compliance from a single tool. . Delivering on its promise to make cloud networking effortless, Extreme also offers a free ExtremeCloud IQ mobile app, giving IT departments the ability to quickly and conveniently charge new devices from anywhere, anytime.
Recommended AI news: Accuweather joins HERE Marketplace to increase distribution and reach new segments
- The essential applications available within the platform allow Pilot subscribers to do more for their organizations at no additional cost, while potentially retiring the overlay applications used to provide these services. Applications include:
- Extreme AirDefense ™ provides over 55 threat vectors for wireless intrusion prevention (WIPS) and adds Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy or BIPS as an essential service.
- ExtremeLocation ™ offers proximity, presence and location-based services for advanced contact traceability to support location smart businesses.
- ExtremeGuest ™ offers exceptional Wi-Fi access capabilities for guests coupled with advanced network analytics for retail, hospitality and large events.
- ExtremeIoT ™ offers simple and secure onboarding, profiling, segmentation and filtering of IoT devices on a production network.
- ExtremeCompliance ™ offers automated and comprehensive compliance testing for PCI, HIPAA and GDPR.
- The new ExtremeCloud IQ mobile app is available 1 October 2020, in traditional app stores, it allows IT to quickly load new devices using just a serial number or use a smartphone or tablet to scan barcodes or QR tags. They can also manage and troubleshoot remotely, providing a streamlined and flexible experience. This feature is a particular asset for those IT teams tasked with managing networks that span large geographic areas or hundreds of buildings.
- ExtremeCloud IQ platform licenses are available in multiple tiers. The Connect tier provides basic device management and is free with the purchase of any supported Extreme hardware platform. The Navigator layer now allows Extreme’s established WiNG wireless solution to interface directly with the cloud and provides visibility and management capabilities. The pilot tier offers advanced infrastructure management, reporting, and remediation tools, including ML and AI-based insights and analytics. Pilot level subscriptions are $ 150/ year regardless of the device being managed and offers public, private or local distribution methods.
- ExtremeCloud IQ is trusted to manage over 1 million network devices every day and beyond, making Extreme the fastest growing provider of cloud managed networking solutions.
Recommended AI news: CloudMD acquires iMD Health Global Corp., a revolutionary patient engagement software company
Nabil Bukhari |, Chief Technology Officer and Chief Product Officer, Extreme Networks said:
“There is a reason we have been named the fastest growing cloud networking provider by leading analytics companies. It’s because we put our customers first, striving to eliminate network work at all times. Not only do we offer unmatched cloud deployment flexibility, unlimited data lifespan and industry leading uptime, but we have now made our essential and advanced wireless intrusion protection, location services, IoT management, guest access and subscriber compliance services at no additional cost, eliminating the need for disparate and overlapping applications With this announcement, we are once again resetting the bar to deliver maximum customer value. “
Camille Mendler, Chief Analyst, Enterprise Services, Omdia said:
“Modern businesses want a comprehensive and experiential view of their network, spanning health, users, devices, and more. Cloud-managed networking is the best way to meet complex needs with the flexibility to adapt to the unexpected, whether it’s a threat or new business opportunity. Extreme’s suite of tools can help support business innovation as much as performance and security. “
Recommended AI news: The SevenRooms global guest experience platform is launched in Australia to drive hospitality recovery