A website is one of the most important digital resources for any company. The high traffic on your site can easily bring several incoming leads per month. Your website is indirectly a source of revenue generation for your business.
But you already know. If you have decided to create a website, you are aware of the advantages it offers and why it is important for today’s business.
After deciding on several factors, you have to face the most important question: “How much does a website cost?”
The answer to finding the cost of a website depends on the amount of effort required to create a website. Yes, not all website development is created equal.
Determining the average cost for building a website
Before determining the cost of building the website, you must first identify the type of website required by your company. Next, you can understand how much it costs to build a website.
There are two types of websites that you can get for your business.
1. Personalized website
The first option is to get a custom website that involves designing the frontend and backend of the website. The cost of a custom website is based on the cost of the professional hired for development.
There are many things involved in creating a personalized website. The cost of the website largely depends on many factors.
No website development company would clearly state how much a website costs. It depends on your needs, after which they will provide you with a quote for the cost of building a website.
But don’t confuse custom website design and web development. The cost of creating a website involves both. The website design is the user interface / UX of the site, while website development refers to coding the website from scratch to match the user interface / UX and make it functional.
If you want more customization options and better maintenance, custom website development is the answer to your question of how much a professional website costs.
Why opt for a personalized website?
The cost of creating custom websites may seem a little expensive for your business. But it’s one of the best ways to get your business online and reap the benefits of generating incoming leads.
When opting for a custom website: –
- The web development company deals with the domain, hosting and website development.
- The cost of creating a website includes everything from website design to the final launch.
- It is not necessary to purchase images and graphics separately for the content of your website.
- You can provide the content for the website or the company can offer it at a nominal cost included in the cost of building the website.
- A professional website developer will provide custom coding in the plug-ins you want to install on the site
- You can get many revisions in the website design and development phase without anything more.
Are you still worried about how much it costs to have a website? The average price for a website made by a custom web development company ranges from $ 5000 to $ 20,000, depending on the dynamic needs of your website.
2. Design of the model
The second option is to create a website from a WordPress template or any other website creation template. This method is different from custom web development in that you don’t need to hire a professional. Website construction prices are nominal compared to custom websites.
How much does it cost to build a website using templates?
First of all, since it’s almost a do-it-yourself approach, the average cost of creating a website is relatively lower than custom websites.
Template websites include predefined templates that you can customize using the plug-in and drag-and-drop interface. Designing a website on WordPress is an excellent example of designing website templates.
The cost of a website includes many things when you develop it using templates.
- The first cost of creating a website is to purchase a domain name for your website. The domain name is the name of the company that will appear in the search results. It’s the address where people will find your business.
- The main step to responding to the cost of a website begins with the purchase of a domain name. You can get cheap domain names on Godaddy or Namecheap, starting at $ 8- $ 10 per year.
- Web hosting is basically the place where you will host your website. Includes storage space for your website’s files, bandwidth and your users’ database.
- Web hosting involves the web server where all back-end activities are managed by the hosting provider. When you do it yourself, the average cost of building a website involves the maximum amount spent on a web hosting provider.
- Several hosting providers, such as BlueHost, Hostinger, etc., offer web hosting services starting at just $ 100 a year.
- The third cost of creating a website is the cost of the website builder. A website builder is required to design and develop the site. Using a website builder, you add functionality and functionality to the website. It implies a drag-and-drop interface, which simplifies development for beginners.
- There are several well-known website builders such as WordPress, Wix and many others that allow you to create a website. Typically, most sites use WordPress, which is included in almost all major hosting providers.
- If you need to purchase a separate website builder, you will also get several premium themes with it. The website builder starts at $ 50 and reaches $ 500.
Premium themes and plugins
- You can calculate how much a professional website costs without considering premium themes and plugins. They provide powerful features to your website that are not available with the free versions.
- Premium themes give you more control over what you can do with your website. They offer many pre-designed templates where you just have to change the content and build your website.
- Premium themes are not included in the basic cost of the website. Likewise, premium plugins are extra plugins that provide functionality that can make your website dynamic and more powerful.
- The price of each plugin and premium theme is different. You can get a good quality premium theme for $ 50 – $ 100. Invest another $ 100 in premium plugins and everything will be set up for your website.
- The last thing you need to determine the average price for a website is the configuration of the HTTPS security protocol. Make sure your website is safe from cyber threats and hackers.
- SSL certifications are generally used to protect websites from cyber vulnerabilities. While most people think they are used only to protect e-commerce transactions, SSL certifications also guarantee the security of digital assets.
- SSL starts at $ 20 and goes from $ 200 based on the desired level of security for your website. It is a good idea to buy an SSL certificate when you purchase the domain name and you may get a good deal with it.
How much does a professional website cost: Model version
Once a website is created, there are other things you need to take care of. It includes SEO and website marketing, updates and maintenance, apps and integrations and many other things.
There is a lot of hassle in website maintenance and updates if your business is conducted primarily online and you do it yourself. While it reduces the cost of building the website, there may be technical problems that cannot be solved and therefore professional support is required.
On the other hand, you may also want to occasionally update your website. The cost of creating a website yourself is lower than custom web development.
However, the cost of maintaining your website and periodic updating requires a lot of investment in terms of money, time and effort. You may not even have the knowledge to make all the changes.
The average price for a website that uses DIY models and approach is $ 500 – $ 1200. Includes domain name, website hosting, website generator, website certification, SSL certification, website content, themes and plugins premium, e-commerce integration and basic digital marketing functions.
How much it costs to build a website: customized version
Custom website development allows you not to waste a lot of money, time and effort. But don’t worry: the costs of custom websites aren’t as expensive as you might think. You can hire professional website developers on an hourly basis from $ 25 an hour to $ 50 an hour.
Custom web development includes everything from website development to maintenance. You will not have to spend money on separate updates as they will be covered by the contract.
The average cost of a website when renting a custom web development company ranges from $ 5000 to $ 20,000. It is not much compared to the time and effort you would save.
Many web development companies also provide SEO and basic marketing so you don’t have to pay a high cost for hiring a digital marketing agency.