Home News Last Seattle CHOP shootout leaves at least 2 injured, police say

Last Seattle CHOP shootout leaves at least 2 injured, police say

0

Seattle police said on Monday officers are studying a filming near the area protesters call the Capitol Hill Manifestationor CHOP.

Two gunshot men arrived at the Harborview Medical Center emergency department. They are both in critical condition, Susan Gregg, a hospital spokeswoman, told Fox News.

The first man arrived at approximately 6:15 a.m. (ET) in a private vehicle, followed by the second man about 15 minutes later via doctors from the Seattle Fire Department.

CHOP ORGANIZERS LOOK AT AREA NEAR PRECINCT, COOLING AWAY FROM THE PARK: REPORT

The Seattle Police Department said police were investigating a shootout near 12th Avenue and Pike Street, where two people were reportedly injured.

This corner is about two blocks from Cal Anderson Park, where protesters initially camped in tents to occupy the area first called the Capitol Hill Autonomous Area.

The camp has become more difficult to manage, attracting violence and a large homeless population since the occupation began three weeks ago.

Organizers said on Sunday they were looking to move into the abandoned eastern compound, where most of the protest leaders have already found refuge, as part of an effort to get their best bargaining chips to convince city ​​officials to act on police reform and other demands the Seattle Times reported.

This is not the first shoot linked to the CHOP. The first and only death was recorded on June 20 when a 19-year-old protester was shot dead around 2:30 a.m. near Cal Anderson Park on 10th Avenue and East Pine Street inside the area called CHOP. Another man was injured in the incident.

“The officers attempted to locate a victim by gunshot, but were greeted by a violent crowd that prevented the officers from safely accessing the victims,” ​​said the Seattle police department in a statement. Press release.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“The officers were later informed that the victims, the two men, had been transported to the Harborview medical center by CHOP” doctors “, he continued.” The officers responded to Harborview and were informed that one of the victims, a 19-year-old man, died of his injuries. ”

The death prompted Seattle mayor Jenny Durkan to announce last week that the city would begin efforts to dismantle the CHOP, asking organizers to convince the protesters to disperse to avoid police intervention.

These are the latest news. Please check for updates.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.