Follow the latest corona news in this live blog.
The Chinese military has approved a coronavirus vaccine for military use. The vaccine was developed by the Army’s research department and a biotech company.
Biotech company CanSino reported on Monday that the Central Military Commission of China approved the vaccine for one year on June 25. In a notification to the Hong Kong stock exchange, where CanSino is listed, the company states that the vaccine has “a good safety profile” and is potentially effective. It is not yet clear how it will be applied within the enormous Chinese army. Both the military and the Ministry of Defense did not answer questions.
Worldwide, work is underway to develop a treatment and vaccine for the coronavirus as soon as possible, which has killed more than half a million since it emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. Chinese companies or institutions are involved in more than half of the 17 potential vaccines known to the World Health Organization
In addition, there are another 131 vaccines, the development of which is not yet in the clinical trial phase. No vaccine has yet been approved for commercial distribution and use. According to the medical journal The Lancet, more than a thousand clinical trials have already been conducted with pharmaceutical inventions that target the coronavirus. None of them proved to be effective.
In the podcast ‘This is how she does it’, Woman editor Sabine Leenhouts speaks to inspiring women who help her through the crisis.
The last news:
- Germany: 262 new corona infections
- Johnson comes up with ‘big plan’ British economy after corona crisis
- Increase in months: 85 Australians infected
- Strict lockdown in Beijing neighborhood after new corona outbreak
- Iran requires mask in risky places
- Merkel and Macron in discussion about European economic recovery plan
- Kamer talks about government subsidies and corona support for art and culture