FIFA should confirm that there will be an indefinite extension of the 2019/20 season worldwide.
The decision of the world governing body will allow the football authority of each country to determine when the campaigns can end.
FIFA, according to a report by The Athletic, will also change the dates of the summer transfer window and allow contract extensions for players whose bids are due to end on June 30.
The report says the plans are expected to be revealed in full within the next 48 hours and will provide maximum flexibility to leagues around the world, as the spread of Covid-19 is different in each country.
UEFA has once again reaffirmed its intention to end the current campaign when it is deemed safe to do so last week, as the Premier League season has stalled since March 13.
Liverpool are 25 points ahead of the top flying table, ready to win their first title in 30 years.
Although the report says the FIFA ruling does not remove the nullity from the table, they say it reduces the chances of completely canceling the seasons.
The planned announcement was hailed by a Premier League club as “really sensible” according to the report, which removed the pressure to end the season at a time when most of the world is locked out.
While in the same room, The Athletic also reports that no timetable was discussed at length during Friday’s meeting between the Premier League clubs.
A report in the Mirror On Monday, Premier League leaders are currently stuck in talks with the British government over a return in June for high-level action.
However, some Premier League clubs accept that there is no other option than to resume the campaign behind closed doors or even on neutral ground.