6.9 C
Alba Iulia
Friday, August 14, 2020

Local man charged by federal government with child pornography

Must Read

A $ 8 million investment to take care of dementia

Noosa's shortage in the aged care bed will soon have some "breathing space" as the first sod is...

Local MMA fighter gets the first UFC shot on short notice

article Lawrenceville's Cody Durden is fighting in an UFC mixed martial arts event on Saturday in Las Vegas...

Richard Dutton | Bonneville County Jail

IDAHO FALLS – A man who, according to the police, admitted to having sexually abused a 13-year-old boy and filmed the act has now been charged in federal court.

In January, Richard Dutton, 51, was charged in Bonneville County with two counts of obscene child driving and one child sexual exploitation charge. Prosecutors dropped the charges last week because on June 5, federal prosecutors charged him with the sexual exploitation of a child.

Charges laid before the federal court include a minimum of 15 years and up to 30 years in prison if convicted. Dutton could also be fined up to $ 250,000.

The investigation into Dutton began on January 7 when two children revealed that Dutton, a former neighbor and babysitter, had sexually assaulted them. The 13-year-old boy reported that Dutton had sexually assaulted him in the past six to seven years and had taken photos during the violence.

RELATED | Idaho Falls man arrested for obscene behavior and sexual exploitation of two children

A 10-year-old girl also reported being sexually abused by Dutton in the past two years. The two said the abuse stopped in December, police reports said.

The Idaho Attorney General’s Internet Crimes Against Children unit ransacked Dutton’s home and electronics and found child pornography on his phone. When the police spoke to Dutton, he admitted to having sexually abused the boy and took photos of the sexual acts.

A few days after the opening of the investigation, the IFPD transmitted the information to an investigator from the Department of Internal Security. Special agents of the department determined that a photo was of a prepubescent boy aged eight to nine.

According to court documents, Dutton told investigators that he took the photos because he wanted to become sexually aroused. He allegedly used the image as a lock screen on his phone.

If convicted, a federal judge could also order Dutton to spend five years on probation after serving his prison sentence.

Dutton is currently being held at Bannock County Jail pending an unannounced federal jury trial.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest News

A $ 8 million investment to take care of dementia

Noosa's shortage in the aged care bed will soon have some "breathing space" as the first sod is invested in Carramar's $ 8...

Local MMA fighter gets the first UFC shot on short notice

article Lawrenceville's Cody Durden is fighting in an UFC mixed martial arts event on Saturday in Las Vegas A mixed...

Boston assassin Zarnayev: the United States Court of Appeals overturned the death sentence

Boston killer Zarnayev: the United States Court of Appeals overturned the death sentence | tagesschau.de Status: 01.08.2020 00:27

Kalamazoo volunteers work with the supermarket to donate bottled water to Flint

PORTAGE, MI - About a dozen volunteers from the Uplift Kalamazoo and Village in the Valley organizations gathered in Portage on Thursday to accept...

More Articles Like This