Princess Cruise Lines is being chased by a woman who claims that her husband died from COVID-19 after contracting the virus during one of her cruises.
Juishan Hsu and her daughter have just filed documents against Princess Cruise Lines, claiming that the company exposed passengers on board the Ruby Princess to the new coronavirus … which ultimately killed her husband, Chung Chen.
According to new legal documents obtained by TMZ, Juishan says that she and her husband left Sydney on March 8. She claims that PCL was aware of a COVID-19 outbreak on the ship, but continued the cruise without notifying the passengers.
Juishan says they would not have boarded if they had been informed of the epidemic and would have immediately taken the first return flight. In the documents, she and her daughter claim that PCL has still sent ships after 3 major epidemics on its cruises, including one a week earlier on the Ruby Princess.
Princess Cruise Lines took only minimal precautions, depending on the costume, including delaying the boarding of the Ruby Princess by 6 hours and distributing lunch vouchers to passengers while crews attempted to sanitize the ship.
But, the family say the cruise line failed to quarantine on board and did not even notify passengers of the outbreak, “allowing navigation to continue as if it were ‘a normal cruise’
Juishan says her husband died on April 4 of complications from COVID-19. She is suing the cruise line for more than a million dollars in damages.
We have contacted Princess Cruise Lines … so far, no word of return.