6.9 C
Alba Iulia
Monday, August 10, 2020

South Australian government backs down on plan to cut hundreds of lines and bus stops

Must Read

A $ 8 million investment to take care of dementia

Noosa's shortage in the aged care bed will soon have some "breathing space" as the first sod is...

Local MMA fighter gets the first UFC shot on short notice

article Lawrenceville's Cody Durden is fighting in an UFC mixed martial arts event on Saturday in Las Vegas...

The government of South Australia has abandoned plans to reduce the number of bus routes across Adelaide after a major public reaction.

Earlier this month, it was announced that more than 900 general-purpose bus stops across the city would be removed or used only as school bus stops, to make way for more regular and more direct services.

The project has met with strong opposition from users of public transport who depend on the network.

Saudi Prime Minister Steven Marshall has said he has taken charge and will no longer pursue the plan.

“We have received a lot of comments,” he said.

“Users of public transport in South Australia have made it clear that they do not want to see any changes in bus routes in South Australia.

The workforce criticized the proposed changes, saying that more than 1,000 bus stops should be removed.

The government rejected this claim, admitting that about 500 had to leave, before conceding 400 others which should be converted into stopovers only for students.

Transport Minister Stephan Knoll said it was “very clear” that public transport users “want the existing routes to continue.”

“We have had thousands of people who have shared their comments with us,” he said.

Marshall said the government would pursue “other improvements” to public transportation.

More soon.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest News

A $ 8 million investment to take care of dementia

Noosa's shortage in the aged care bed will soon have some "breathing space" as the first sod is invested in Carramar's $ 8...

Local MMA fighter gets the first UFC shot on short notice

article Lawrenceville's Cody Durden is fighting in an UFC mixed martial arts event on Saturday in Las Vegas A mixed...

Boston assassin Zarnayev: the United States Court of Appeals overturned the death sentence

Boston killer Zarnayev: the United States Court of Appeals overturned the death sentence | tagesschau.de Status: 01.08.2020 00:27

Kalamazoo volunteers work with the supermarket to donate bottled water to Flint

PORTAGE, MI - About a dozen volunteers from the Uplift Kalamazoo and Village in the Valley organizations gathered in Portage on Thursday to accept...

More Articles Like This