6.9 C
Alba Iulia
Wednesday, July 8, 2020

SPD politician Lauterbach considers Bundesliga irresponsible in May

Must Read

Disney Research’s neural face swapping technique can provide high-resolution photorealistic video – TechCrunch

New document published by Disney Research in partnership with ETH Zurich describes a fully automated neural network-based method for...

Russia denies radiation incident despite striking measurements in Northern Europe

The registered particles, according to the international organization, are the result of a nuclear fission caused by humans. The...

The sale of AAP is finalized, which avoids the closure of an 85-year-old “ vital ” press wire

The future of the Australian Associated Press (AAP) newswire has been secured with the inking of a sale to...

The corona virus also has a firm grip on sport. It is still completely unclear when the major competitions will continue. An overview of the current developments.

The Bundesliga paused, the sport stands still. The reason is the corona virus, the spread of which is to be contained by this drastic measure. The t-online.de news blog contains all the important information about the latest developments. Large messages are handled separately.

SPD health expert Lauterbach considers Bundesliga irresponsible in May

SPD politician and health expert Karl Lauterbach considers ghost games in the Bundesliga to be irresponsible in many ways as early as May. The 57-year-old mentions the “very high medical and logistical effort” as the main reason for his opinion, about 20,000 corona tests would have to be carried out by all involved by the end of the season.

“The question is whether the best use of the tight tests is football as a luxury item,” said Lauterbach to the news magazine “Spiegel”: “We are currently not even able to test everyone who could make medical sense, let alone any suspected case. ” In addition, the Bundestag member fears misunderstanding in large parts of the population “for the special way in professional football”.

Hannover boss Kind urges continuation of the Bundesliga

Club manager Martin Kind from the second division Hannover 96 is pushing for the continuation of Bundesliga operations soon. “I hope, and that is also my great expectation, that politics will now launch the scenario of reactivating the structures in April. This is imperative,” Kind told the NDR Sportclub. But there should be “no Lex Bundesliga. That would lead to social criticism.”

Child expects the resumption of games in the professional area embedded in further measures. Football is “a signal to the population. It starts again. Something starts again,” said Hanover’s majority shareholder. A start on May 2nd would also “have the great advantage that the season can be played until June 30th.”

April 10: NBA stars continue to collect their full salary

The basketball stars from the North American professional league NBA should continue to receive their full salary despite the game break forced by the corona pandemic. This emerges from a letter from the league, which is available to the US sports broadcaster ESPN. According to this, the full salary payment will be given on April 15 – although the last league game so far was more than a month ago (March 11).

Ibrahimovic trains at Hammarby and fuels exchange speculation

Zlatan Ibrahimovic participated in the training of the first division club Hammarby in his home country of Sweden and fueled speculation about his future. The 38-year-old former world star is still under contract with the Italian prestigious club AC Milan, but apparently wants to part with his club at the end of the season. Ibrahimovic owns 25 percent of the shares in the Stockholm club Hammarby.

The star striker asked to be allowed to train with the club, Hammarby chairman Richard von Yxkull told SVT. Ibrahimovic had already left Italy in March because of the Corona crisis. Sweden has responded to the pandemic with comparatively relaxed regulations.

Arjen Robben talks about his wife’s corona infection

Arjen Robben’s wife Bernadien has meanwhile been tested positive for the corona virus. This was revealed by the former offensive star of FC Bayern Munich in the podcast of the German record champion. Robben’s wife had symptoms like breathing problems.

“It was absolutely not a nice feeling,” he said. “I’m very happy that it hasn’t gotten too bad.” Fortunately, his wife was “now tested negative again”. In the meantime, the entire Robben family was in quarantine at home. The former professional himself and his children were tested negative for the virus.

First Premier League club agrees with players on waiver

As the first football club in the English Premier League, Southampton FC has reached an agreement with its players on a temporary waiver of wages. The club of the former Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhüttl announced on Thursday. The club board, Hasenhüttl, his coaching staff and the first team professionals agreed to postpone part of their salary for the months of April, May and June, “said the future of the club, the people who work for it and the community who we are committed to protecting “. The “Saints” did not give any numbers.

Trainer blabbers: Union pro Malli in quarantine

Football professional Yunus Malli from 1. FC Union Berlin is in domestic quarantine. That revealed trainer Urs Fischer involuntarily in a video conference with journalists on Thursday. He had assumed that the participants of the Skype call already knew about the case, but was wrong. The 54-year-old had subsequently asked the reporters to keep the information private, but it had already spread. “That is my mistake, I can live with it,” said Fischer.

It is unclear whether the 28-year-old Malli, loan player from VfL Wolfsburg, has been infected with the corona virus. The midfielder is currently not available to the club in training. At the time of a possible return, Fischer and the club did not provide any information.

April 9: RB Leipzig supports local clubs with virtual tickets

Bundesliga club RB Leipzig is committed to football clubs in the Saxon city in times of the corona crisis. The club is now offering virtual tickets for the price of two euros for the home game against SC Paderborn, which would originally have taken place on April 18. The entire proceeds of the campaign “will benefit the clubs of the Leipzig Football Association,” said RB.

Kroos counters criticism of wage cut “not translated correctly”

National soccer player Toni Kroos has come under fire in Spain for his negative attitude towards waiving his salary. He is now defending himself against this on the short message service Twitter. There he wrote in Spanish and therefore readable for his international fans: “It is possible that it has not been translated correctly or that some do not want to understand it. In my opinion, you know me well from the first moment: If we workers and areas in the To help clubs, it’s logical to give up part of our salary. “

Read more about this topic here.

Kroos criticized for “no” to cut wages in Spain

National soccer player Toni Kroos has come under fire in Spain for his negative attitude towards waiving his salary. The midfielder of record champions Real Madrid is criticized by the media and fans, among other things, as unsound and unrealistic. He had previously spoken out against a cut in his earnings in the Corona crisis.

“He has to go back to earth. He showed an insensitivity that hurts me,” said the journalist Tomas Roncero from the newspaper “AS”, known in Spain, on a TV talk show on Wednesday night. Kroos had shown “that he doesn’t care about the company that pays him”. That was “like a slap in the face,” said former goalkeeper and ex-coach Jorge D’Alessandro on the same show. “This man lives in a bubble, in another world. The 30-year-old Kroos had said” Steil extra! “In the SWR podcast:” Waiving your salary is like making a donation to nothing or to the club, whereby it is not necessary here. “

Juve trainer Sarri donates 4,000 respirators

Trainer Maurizio Sarri from Italian record champions Juventus Turin gives 4,000 respirators to his hometown Figline in Tuscany. The coach, together with his family and some friends, raised the money for the donation to the community, which will distribute the masks to the population. Mayor Giulia Mugnai thanked Sarris for “great sensitivity”.

In December, the trainer announced the establishment of a foundation to support sports activities in Tuscany. Figline is not one of the most affected communities in Italy, but mouthguards have also become scarce in Tuscany. The number of Covid 19 deaths in Italy has risen to over 17,000.

April 8: Ex-European champion Sabia dies after corona infection

Italy’s former European Athletics Champion Donato Sabia died of lung disease Covid-19 at the age of only 56. The national association Fidal announced on Wednesday. A few days earlier, Sabia’s father had also died after being infected with the corona virus.

Donato Sabia was European Indoor Champion over 800 meters in Gothenburg in 1984. His best Olympic result was fifth place in the 1984 Los Angeles 800m final when Brazilian Joaquim Cruz won.

In order to make reading easier and reduce loading times, the editors start the news blog again at this point. You can register before April 8th in old news blog read up.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest News

Disney Research’s neural face swapping technique can provide high-resolution photorealistic video – TechCrunch

New document published by Disney Research in partnership with ETH Zurich describes a fully automated neural network-based method for...

Russia denies radiation incident despite striking measurements in Northern Europe

The registered particles, according to the international organization, are the result of a nuclear fission caused by humans. The Swedish and Finnish nuclear authorities...

The sale of AAP is finalized, which avoids the closure of an 85-year-old “ vital ” press wire

The future of the Australian Associated Press (AAP) newswire has been secured with the inking of a sale to new owners who say they...

25 confirmed cases of COVID-19 now linked to a nail salon in Kingston, Ontario.

Kingston, Ontario area health unit confirms three more COVID-19 cases related to a nail salon in the city of eastern Ontario, warning that all...

More Articles Like This