JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Corona virus pandemic (Covid-19) has brought the world economy to the brink of recession.
In Indonesia alone, the government projects there will be 3.78 million new poor people due to the Covid-19 pandemic based on the worst case scenario. Meanwhile, if you follow a severe scenario, the number of poor people will increase by 1.1 million people.
Even so, the value of the wealth of Indonesia’s richest people on the list of the richest people in the world has even increased.
Hartono Brothers for example who are still consistently occupying the first position of the richest person in the world, based on Forbes Real Time Billionaires Monday (6/29/2020) Budi Hartono experienced an increase in wealth of up to 3.7 miliar dollar AS or up to Rp. 52.5 trillion (exchange rate: Rp. 14,200) in just three months.
Michael Hartono also experienced an increase in wealth of the same amount, which amounted to 3.7 billion dollars US in the past three months.
Some other rich people who were included in the Forbes list also experienced an increase in the value of wealth, although not so significant.
Like the Tahir Family whose wealth increased from 4.1 billion US dollars last April, now it is 4.3 billion US dollars. Chairul Tanjung, who is famous for his media conglomeration, has also experienced an increase in the value of his wealth from 3.1 US dollars three months ago, now the value of his wealth is 3.1 billion US dollars.
To note, Forbes Real Time Billionaires tracks the ups and downs of the wealth of the richest people in the world on a daily basis. Through the platform will be known the value of wealth and the daily ranking of each individual. The value of the wealth is calculated based on the share ownership of each individual in a publicly traded company and renewed every five minutes in accordance with the opening of stock trading.
Everyone who has a large amount of wealth in a private company that is not open will be renewed once a day.
Here is a list of the 15 richest people in Indonesia today:
1. Budi Hartono 17.3 billion dollars US equivalent to Rp 245.66 trillion.
2. Michael Hartono 16.6 billion dollar AS setara Rp 235.72 trillion.
3. Prajogo Pangestu 6.6 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 93.72 trillion.
4. Sri Prakash Lohia 5.2 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 73.84 trillion.
5. Family Tahir 4.3 billion US dollars equivalent to Rp 61.6 trillion.
6. Chairul Tanjung 3.6 billion US dollars equivalent to Rp 51.12 trillion.
7. Martua Sitorus 1.9 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 26.98 trillion.
8. Mochtar Riady and Family 1.7 billion US dollars equivalent to Rp 24.14 trillion.
9. Peter Sondakh 1.6 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 22.72 trillion.
10. Theodore Rachmat 1.4 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 19.88 trillion.
11. Sukanto Tanoto 1.4 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 19.88 trillion.
12. Djoko Susanto 1.4 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 19.88 trillion.
13. Murdaya Poo 1.2 billion US dollars, equivalent to Rp 17.4 trillion.
14. Winarko Sulistyo 1.2 billion US dollars equivalent to Rp 17.4 trillion.
15. Alexander Tedja 1 billion US dollars equivalent to Rp 14.2 trillion.