Today (October 4, 2022) Dr Thares Krasanairawivong Director General of the Department of Disease Control said that animals still exist at the moment. Rage all over the country And there may be injuries from being bitten or scratched by cats and dogs. Rabies is serious if exposed to rabies. When infected and showing symptoms and incurable. and every death
Caused by rabies infection
which is the cause of most rabies infection Caused by being bitten by a dog or cat – scratched and not seen by a doctor Or you are properly vaccinated against rabies, so if there is a dog or cat suspected of having rabies biting, scratching, licking, splashing saliva through the eyes, mouth, or wounded skin. even a small wound should give first aid immediately
first aid method
- Wash the wound immediately with water and wash it gently with soap several times.
- dry the wound
- Add povidone-iodine disinfectant. or iodine infusion
- Then you should see a doctor immediately. to receive full doses of rabies vaccination
- You should always see your doctor by appointment. Vaccination is not as scary as it seems.
The 5th period protects against animal bites.
Currently, the best defense is to prevent animals from biting, scratching or licking any part of the body. This can prevent 3 steps as follows:
1. Before you get bitten, use the principle The 5th spell to prevent bites is “Don’t tease, don’t step on it, don’t separate, don’t pick it up, don’t mess it up.” That is, don’t tease the dog. Do not step on the dog or frighten the dog. Do not separate the bitten dog with your bare hands. Do not pick up the food bowl while the dog is eating. And don’t mess with outside dogs or unknown dogs.
2. In the event of a bite, wash the wound with soap and water several times, apply a disinfectant such as betadine, and seek medical attention immediately. to obtain the appropriate vaccination against disease including confinement of biting animals Note the symptoms for at least 10 days if the dog or cat dies. Notify the nearest community leader immediately. and notify the livestock in the sending area of animals suspected of being tested for rabies in the laboratory
3. After being bitten A complete series of continuous vaccinations for rabies should be given at the scheduled time for the doctor’s appointment. Most of them are sprayed only 4-5 times.
“I ask people to be aware of the protection Start raising dogs – cats in the right way. Contraception by sterilization Get vaccinated against rabies every year. raised in the house Do not leave the house unattended because if you are bitten by a rabid dog, you could get rabies. including when people are bitten or scratched by dogs or cats Wash the wound immediately, give medicine, quarantine the dog for 10 days, then see a doctor immediately to consider vaccination. and he must complete each vaccination as scheduled every time,” said Dr Thares.
symptoms after infection
Dr added for symptoms ofRage after infection Patients will show symptoms as follows:
- sore throat
- body aches
- have a fever
- or pain around the bite wound
- severe itching in the wound
Later there will be restlessness. Dislikes loud, angry noises, fear of light, fear of wind, fear of water, difficulty swallowing, especially liquids. and leg muscle spasm, chest tightness, suffocation, or convulsions, can be paralyzed, lose consciousness and eventually die.
Rules for pet owners
- They should bring their own pets to be vaccinated against rabies. When the pet is 2-3 months old, 2 doses
- and be vaccinated regularly once a year.
- If you see an animal suspected of having rabies. If there is tail drop, step by step gait, drooping saliva, hanging tongue, drooping eyes, notify the livestock officers immediately. or immediate community leaders
In addition, registration of pets Do not leave it as an animal without an owner. It’s another way people can help solve problems. Know how to prevent dogs from biting or hurting with the 5th period to help reduce the risk of infection. Rabies Disease Control Department is still working continuously together with relevant agencies To get rid of rabies from Thailand And he must ask for cooperation from the people to protect themselves from rabies infection. If people have questions, they can ask for more information at the Disease Control Department’s helpline 1422.