The Singapore F1 Grand Prix 2022 was delayed by 1 hour and 5 minutes due to rain, which is an unpleasant number. But when the lights finally went out, a number of fascinating numbers erupted during the race.
Sergio Pérez was pressured by Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) throughout the race to lead every lap at the Singapore Grand Prix on the Marina Bay street course, despite being handed a five-second post-race penalty, which earned him his fourth career win.
● Sergio Perez became the first Singapore F1 GP winner to start from a flat grid. (Started from 2nd on the grid, took the lead at the start and led every lap from there)
● Red Bull Racing won the Singapore F1 GP since Sebastian Vettel in 2013.
• Sergio Perez became the first driver since Sebastian Vettel in 2011 to win a street race in Monaco and Singapore in the same year.
● Red Bull Racing achieved its 11th consecutive podium finish at the Marina Bay City course.
● Sergio Perez had only won one podium in the last six races until the F1 Singapore GP.
• Sergio Perez became the 58th driver to lead every lap of the race from start to finish. Charles Leclerc was Australia’s 57th man earlier this year.
● This was the third consecutive podium finish for Charles Leclerc, but he finished second behind the Red Bull driver each time.
● Charles Leclerc has finished second in both F1 GPs in Singapore in the past.
• Charles Leclerc finished second and Carlos Sainz third, giving Ferrari its first double podium since the Miami 12 races ago.
• With Lando Norris fourth and Daniel Ricciardo fifth, McLaren returned to fourth in the Constructors’ Championship with a 22-point lead over Alpine.
• Second top four finish of the year for Lando Norris and McLaren (3rd at Imola).
● McLaren drivers have finished in the top seven in the four F1 GPs in Singapore in the past.
● Daniel Ricciardo’s first top five finish since 2021 in Saudi Arabia.
• Daniel Ricciardo started 17th on the grid and finished 5th.
● Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll has five 10th place finishes in 2022, with 6th being the best result of the year.
● Max Verstappen will win the 2022 champion in the next GP F1 Japan if he surpasses Charles Leclerc by 8 points and Sergio Perez by 6 points.
● Max Verstappen ended his record with five straight wins.
● Sebastian Vettel reaches his fourth Top 8 in 2022.
• Barring a first-lap retirement in 2017, eighth was Vettel’s lowest ever result at Marina Bay after 13 starts.
● Lewis Hamilton finished the race in ninth place for the seventh time in his 305 Grand Prix starts.
● AlphaTauri’s Pierre Guthrie won consecutive awards for the first time since Saudi Arabia and Australia this year.
● Mercedes’ George Russell has failed to finish in the top five twice in 2022 (he retired on lap 1 at Silverstone).
● The 14 finishers in the F1 Singapore GP are the same number as the minimum for the season (Saudi Arabia and Great Britain).
● Alpine was at Nopont for two consecutive races and as a result McLaren lost 4th place in the Constructors’ Championship.
Category: F1 / F1 Singapore Grand Prix