Treasury managers from the Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht opened the market this morning at 37.95 baht / dollar, valued by The market closed last night at 38.15 baht / dollar after the dollar weakened following the drop in interest rates US bonds, but the market is still worried about inflation problems in the European Union (EU) The ECB will raise interest rates another 0.75% In addition, the market is cautious about its handling of the Chinese yuan .
“The baht appreciated from the end of the market last night after the dollar fell along the bonds. but also worried about inflation in the EU and China manipulating the currency,” said the money manager.
treasury Estimate the movement of the baht today at 37.80 – 38.20 baht / dollar, keeping an eye on the direction. the way of foreign capital at the end of the month and at the end of the quarter Regarding the political factors in the case of the appointment of the Constitutional Court to determine the tenure of the post of Prime Minister of General Prayut Chan-ocha Can affect the baht in a limited circle.
“The direction of the baht during the day is quite volatile. Most of the factors are dollars. In terms of domestic politics, it depends on the outcome, but it is likely to be short-lived,” the treasury said.
THAI BAHT FIX 3M (September 28) is at 0.79031%, while THAI BAHT FIX 6M is at 0.98092%.
- an important factor
- The yen was 144.57 ¥/dollar from yesterday evening at 144.69 ¥/dollar.
- The euro was at $0.9822/EUR, from $0.6997/EUR last night.
- Baht/dollar exchange rate The weighted average of the interbank BOT was 38.121 baht/dollar.
- Constitutional Court When reading the judgment on the 8-year term, the prime minister drew attention to the fate of “Big Tu” on September 30, 3 pm, live broadcast.
Through YouTube, the police mobilize and set up a war room Strict control of the court’s security measures
- “Private sector” afraid of politics outside the council, economic turmoil – investment – tourism If you stay with the prime minister for 8 years while changing the leader, worried about making you believe
Foreign confidence plummets Suggests private sector to keep an eye on factors inside and outside the country Emphasize caution in business management Analysts note conditions outside Thailand’s stock market again
Bright, hope for elections, reversal of investment trends
- The Kasikorn Research Center revealed that the flooding occurred during the month. August-October 2022 causes a gradual rice yield
Harvesting for market can be damaged. And along with the storm that comes and causes a flood of water. and in some areas it may be
high water immersion It is expected to damage the annual rice production worth about 2,900-3,100 million baht and could push the price.
The average rice during this period was able to maintain a high level of around 10,000-11,000 baht per ton, which is a similar level compared to the last 8 months.
(Jan.-Aug.) of the year 65 with an average rice price of about 10,165 baht per ton.
- The US Department of Commerce released its final estimate for the quarterly Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
The second quarter said US GDP contracted 0.6%, unchanged from the second estimate, while the first estimate said.
that the economy contracted 0.9%, while US GDP contracted 1.6% in the first quarter.
The US economy is entering a technical recession.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta said its latest GDPNow forecast model shows that
The US economy grew by 0.3% in the third quarter.
- The Labor Department said initial claims for unemployment benefits fell by 16,000 to 193,000.
last week which was the lowest level since April and analysts expected it to increase to 213,000.
- The US dollar weakened against the euro. in trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday (September 29) because
by investors worried about the recession in the US The dollar index, which measures the movement of the dollar against
The six major currencies in the basket were down 0.31% to 112.2540.
- New York gold futures ended in the negative on Thursday (September 29) as US Treasury yields rose.
Factors affecting the gold market